Ash-Gourd Curry is a simple and quick curry that goes well with any
flatbread or rice. Lightly spiced, this curry with white pumpkin is
healthy and delicious.
Cooking Tme: 15-20
- 2 cups ash-gourd (white pumpkin), cut into small
- 2 cups onions, cut into 1-inch thin long pieces
- 3 cups tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1 tbsp cilantro (coriander leaves), chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 10-12 red chillies
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 cup coconut, freshly grated
- In a blender, grind together the red chillies, cumin,
garam masala, and coconut with a little water into a smooth paste and
- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add the onions and
saute until half-cooked.
- Add the ash-gourd pieces and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and saute for 2 more minutes; then
add the ground masala and saute until aromatic.
- Add enough water to cover the vegetables and add salt
and sugar. Cover and cook on low heat until the ash-gourd is tender.
- Garnish the ash-gourd curry with cilantro and serve
hot, with roti or rice.
Ash Gourd-Cabbage Dal
Benefits of Ash-Gourd (Winter-Melon)
One-Dish Meals: Indian Vegetarian/Vegan Recipes
(ebook for Kindle)
About | Contact
Stay in the loop!
Sign up for free ezine and get your FREE 1-week Menu Plan!