Cabbage-Potato curry is a simple South Indian vegetarian curry
to make and tastes delicious with rice and roti
(Indian bread). Cabbage is not only inexpensive but also very
Cooking time: 15
- 3 cups cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 cup potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 inch piece of ginger, chopped fine
- 3-4 green chillies, slit and cut into half
- 1/4 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp red
- Salt to taste
- 4-5 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
powder, a pinch
This curry also tastes great without the potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a shallow skillet.
Add the urad dal, mustard, and
cumin seeds. When the urad dal starts browning, add the ginger,
coriander leaves and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the turmeric, and the potatoes and cabbage. Add
salt, sprinkle some water and cover and cook on low heat for about 8-10
minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Serve the cabbage-potato curry hot with any Indian
bread (chapathi, paratha,
phulka, puri) or plain white rice.
(Vegetarian Cabbage Soup)
Benefits of Cabbage
About | Contact
Stay in the loop!
Sign up for free ezine and get your FREE 1-week Menu Plan!