Carrot-Cucumber Raita is a lightly spiced, healthy, and cool
flavored rice dishes like pulao (pilaf), and any Indian flatbreads and
stuffed breads like aloo-paratha.
Cooking Time: 10
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1 cup cucumber, grated
- 1-2 green chillies, finely chopped (adjust to taste)
- 1 tbsp cilantro (coriander leaves), finely chopped
- 4 cups plain yogurt (whole or low-fat)
- Roasted mustard powder, a pinch
- Roasted fenugreek
powder, a pinch
- Turmeric powder, a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Beat the yogurt with a little salt.
- Heat the oil and add the turmeric, asafoetida powder,
and cumin seeds.
Fry until the seeds turn golden brown and pour over the yogurt.
- Mix in the grated carrot and cucumber along with the
roasted mustard and fenugreek powders.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with rice or
About | Contact
Stay in the loop!
Sign up for free ezine and get your FREE 1-week Menu Plan!