This spicy and tangy Cauliflower-Peas Curry is a North Indian side for
rice and roti.
Easy to make, this vegetarian curry is a colorful and tasty combination
of cauliflower and peas.
This is a dry curry, so if serving with roti, you might want to team it
some raita or dal.
Cauliflower and peas provide fiber
which prevents constipation and helps
prevent colon cancer.
Cooking Time: 20
- 4 cups cauliflower, separated into medium florets
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen (if using frozen, thaw
for 10 minutes or rinse in warm water)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp curry powder (store-bought)
- 1 tsp amchur powder (dried mango powder)
- 2 tbsp cilantro (coriander leaves), finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1-inch piece ginger, cut into strips (julienned)
- 4-5 green chillies, slit lengthwise
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Heat the oil in a wide skillet. Add the cumin seeds
and fry until golden. Add the green chillies and ginger and fry for a
- Add the turmeric powder and cauliflower and stir-fry
for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle some salt and water and cover and cook on
medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the pieces brown.
- Add the curry powder, red chilli powder, and amchur
powder and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the peas and salt as needed and saute for a
minute; then cover and cook until the cauliflower and peas are tender.
Remove from heat.
- Garnish the cauliflower-peas curry with cilantro and
serve with plain rice or roti.
One-Dish Meals: Indian Vegetarian/Vegan Recipes
(ebook for Kindle)
Stay in the loop!
Sign up for free ezine and get your FREE 1-week Menu Plan!