Cheesy Rice Balls
Cheesy Rice Balls are a quick and easy after-school or tea-time snack,
especially if you have leftover cooked rice. The cheese provides
calcium and the carbohydrates in rice a quick boost of energy.
Cooking Time: 20-25
- 4 tbsp cheese (paneer pr parmesan, grated)
- 1 cup rice, cooked and mashed
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped or 1/2 tsp red
chilli powder (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 4-5 curry leaves, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep-frying
- Heat the oil for deep-frying.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the mashed rice,
cheese, flour, salt, chillies, curry leaves and mustard powder, without
using any water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions; take a
portion and shape into a ball. Repeat with the remaining.
- When the oil is hot, reduce the heat to medium-high,
and fry the cheesy rice balls until golden. Drain excess oil on a
- Serve the cheesy rice balls immediately either plain
tea or coffee.
Cheesy Grilled Bread
One-Dish Meals: Indian Vegetarian/Vegan Recipes
(ebook for Kindle)
Stay in the loop!
Sign up for free ezine and get your FREE 1-week Menu Plan!