Eggplant Drumstick Curry
This eggplant drumstick curry (vangi, kathrikai, vankaya) is a
delicious South Indian curry that's
easy to make and tastes great with rice. Here's how my mom makes this
Cooking Time: 20
- 4 cups eggplant, cut into medium-sized cubes
- 6-7 drumsticks, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tsp fenugreek
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 6-7 curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 7-8 tsp vegetable oil
- Heat the oil in a wide, nonstick
skillet or pan. Add the
fenugreek seeds and fry until the seeds are almost black. Add the curry
leaves and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Add the turmeric powder, eggplant, drumstick,
turmeric, and salt to taste. Add 1/4 cup of water and cover and cook on
low heat for 5-7 minutes,
until the eggplant and drumstick pieces are
- Remove the lid, and add the red
chilli powder, and
cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the
eggplant and drumstick pieces start to brown.
- Serve the eggplant-drumstick curry hot with white
rice and ghee (clarified butter).
About | Contact
Stay in the loop!
Sign up for free ezine and get your FREE 1-week Menu Plan!