Lemon noodles is a simple vegetarian and vegan breakfast that's
delicious. Made with
rice noodles (rice
vermicelli), this is
also a great dish for your picnic basket as it keeps well.
Cooking Time: 15
- 2 cups rice noodles
- 6 cups of water
- 1/4 cup lemon (or lime) juice
- 6 tsp vegetable oil
powder (hing), a pinch
- Turmeric, a pinch
- 2 tsp chana dal (split bengal gram)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 4-5 small, whole red chillies
- 5-6 green chillies, finely chopped
- 10-12 cashews
- 7-8 curry leaves
- Take a deep pan, add water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the rice noodles and cook for 4-5 minutes until
- Drain, add a cup of cold water, drain again, and cool.
- Heat oil in a small pan and add asafoetida, chana
dal, and cashews and fry for a few seconds.
- Add mustard seeds, green chillies and whole red
- When the mustard seeds start to splutter, add curry
leaves and turmeric
- Add this seasoning to the rice noodles and add salt
and lemon juice.
- Serve the lemon noodles hot or cold.
One-Dish Meals: Indian Vegetarian/Vegan Recipes
(ebook for Kindle)
About | Contact | Disclaimer | Privacy
Stay in the loop!
Sign up for free ezine and get your FREE 1-week Menu Plan!