Okra-Onion Curry is a lightly spiced dry curry that tastes wonderful
rice. An easy vegetarian/vegan recipe, this is a great way to include
this healthy vegetable in your daily meal.
Cooking Time: 20
- 5 cups okra, sliced into 1/2-centimeter rounds
- 1 1/4 cups onion, cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp cilantro (coriander leaves), chopped
- Salt to taste
- 4 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp fennel
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2-3 red chillies, broken into pieces
- 2 green chillies, slit lengthwise
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 5-6 curry leaves
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add the fennel seeds and fry
until lightly browned. Add the red chillies and curry leaves and fry
for a couple seconds.
- Add the turmeric powder, green chillies, and onions,
and saute on medium heat until translucent.
- Add the okra, salt, and a sprinkle of water and cover
and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes until the okra is almost tender.
- Remove the lid and sprinkle the black pepper powder,
and saute on medium heat until the okra pieces are lightly browned.
- Garnish the okra-onion curry with chopped cilantro.
- Serve the curry with plain rice.
Okra Pepper Masala
Health Benefits of
One-Dish Meals: Indian Vegetarian/Vegan Recipes
(ebook for Kindle)
About | Contact
Stay in the loop!
Sign up for free ezine and get your FREE 1-week Menu Plan!