Pita Bread Wrap
Try this Pita Bread Wrap to add a cool, tangy, peppery touch to your
lunch. Quick and easy to make, this Mediterranean wrap is healthy and
nutritious as it's filled with beans, onions, and tomatoes.
Pita bread is a baked bread of the Middle East and is a staple in their
servings (wrap per person)
Cooking Time: 10
- 6 pita bread
- 1 tbsp butter or vegetable oil
- 1/2 of a 1 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 of a 1oz can of white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups onions (white or red), finely chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1-2 tsp lime/lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cilantro (coriander leaves), finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- In a medium bowl, add the tomatoes, onions, ginger,
thyme, salt, and lemon juice. Toss well. Add the beans, cilantro, and
black pepper powder and mix well. Set aside.
- On a griddle, heat the pita bread on medium high
heat. As it puffs up, turn it over and heat on the other side for a few
- Remove on a plate. Brush a little butter or oil on
both sides. Run a knife along the edges to create a small opening.
- Stuff the bread with 6-7 tbsp of the beans (or as
needed), and serve the pita bread wrap warm.
White Sauce for Pasta
One-Dish Meals: Indian Vegetarian/Vegan Recipes
(ebook for Kindle)
Stay in the loop!
Sign up for free ezine and get your FREE 1-week Menu Plan!